Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blame my light posting on Kampfgruppe Peiper

Work has gotten in the way a bit but I also can NOT put down, to blog or even to complete Adrianople, the book Fatal Crossroads: The Untold Story of the Malmedy Massacre at the Battle of the Bulge, by Danny S. Parker.  I'll give a full review of it later, but for now I will just say that Parker has created a military history investigative masterpiece along the lines of Shattered Sword: The Untold Story of the Battle of Midway, by Jonathan Parshall and Tony Tully; The Battle of  Surigao Strait, also by Tully; and Champion Hill: Decisive Battle for Vicksburg, by Timothy B. Smith.  Part World War II, part true crime, part detective work, part archaeology.  If you are interested in World War II and especially the war in Europe, I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment